Serving God in Perry New York

Monday, September 02, 2013

The Best Time of The Year


I know it's only the second day of September.....but this girl loves anticipation!  I also love fond memories and Anne of Green Gables is one of those.  My Mother and I watched this series together and now that she is no longer here, that memory is even more special.

Don't you find that in the world of memories life is perfect?  Well.....unless it's a bad memory.  But seriously, when we conjure up good memories the setting, I find, is more perfect than the reality.  I love this about memories, we can filter out everything but the most wonderful parts and it truly does become the perfect memory.  Including the sounds and scents of the moment.

I love that God has given us this ability.  My bible reading is in Jeremiah and Ezekiel and even though I wasn't present in the stories depicted, I find that my mind can imagine me there and I can actually feel the sorrow of God over rebellious Israel and I can feel the pain in Ezekiel as he has to prophecy to a people who would not hear.  What an incredible mind God has given to us.  

Greater meaning is given to the command, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength"  

Do you consider how you love God with your mind?

Happy September!

No comments: